How to wear socks with Crocs is a hot topic right now.
Crocs are officially cool again, seen on the feet of rappers like Post Malone and Bad Bunny, and supermodels like Kendall Jenner (she was spotted wearing these camo crocs and socks, as reported by teenvogue!). Working a pair of Crocs with socks is super ‘in’, and here’s how to do it to avoid looking goofy or getting nasty sweaty feet.
But regardless of whether it’s in fashion right now, for nurses, baristas and kitchen staff wearing socks with crocs to work is a MUST to help protect your feet, which is why I’ve also picked out four ideal types of socks to wear with Crocs for practicality/safety purposes, and reviewed them further into this post.
*This page may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Learn More.
How To Wear Socks With Crocs
The best way to wear socks with Crocs is to opt for no show socks or half socks. If you like the look of socks with Crocs and want to make a fashion statement then wear full lengths socks with your Crocs and match the colors of your socks and Crocs for a cohesive look.
Personally with my Crocs I like to wear bright colored standard length socks with fun patterns, to accentuate the socks and Crocs look.
However I understand some want to wear socks with Crocs in a more understated way, so they can benefit from the comfort and warmth of their socks but not look like they are making a fashion statement. Here are some quick tips on how to wear socks with Crocs in a simple and stylish way:
- Try wearing no-show socks with your Crocs, so you can enjoy the comfort of socks but have them be barely visible in your Crocs. Go for a good pair of moisture wicked socks that will dry quickly if they become wet. (These no-show socks from Adidas are a great option).
- If you want your socks to be even less visible consider trying a pair of half-socks. Half-socks cover your toes and the front half of your foot, utilising a grip technology to stop them from slipping off. When worn with Crocs they leave the heels of your feet bare, so from the back it doesn’t look as though you are wearing any socks. (These half-socks from ZeroSock have great reviews and don’t slide or ride down).
- If you want to wear standard length socks to keep your heels and ankles warm, then consider wearing long pants that fall over the socks and meet your Crocs. In July 2021 Kendall Jenner was spotted pairing her camo Crocs with full length sweatpants and simple white socks, for an understated look (see here on teenvogue.com). This is a great look that works for both men and women!
- If you are pairing your Crocs with a pair of shorts or a skirt try wearing them with simple white socks, or white no-show socks for an understated look.
- Got a pool day or a fishing trip planned but want to keep your feet cosy? Consider wearing 100% waterproof socks with your Crocs to keep your feet dry. (I recommend these awesome waterproof socks from Randy Sun – they have great reviews and are dirt repellent too).
Here is a video of me discussing wearing socks with Crocs, to help you further:
You may also like: Do Crocs Shrink In The Sun? (My Experience & Fixes)
Best Socks To Wear With Crocs
Knowing which socks your should wear with your socks is really important when it comes to both fashion and practicality.
Whether you’re looking for a good pair of moisture wicking no-show socks to wear with your Crocs, or a sturdy pair of socks to wear to work in your Crocs, I’ve got you covered with the below four sock options…
RANDY SUN 100% Waterproof Socks
Click here to view current price on Amazon.
These waterproof socks from RANDY SUN are an ideal sock option if you are a barista, cleaner or kitchen worker and you want to wear Crocs to work. They’re also a great option to wear with your Crocs for fishing, poolside activities and light hikes.
Having a good pair of waterproof socks will help you in the event of spills, or when cleaning at the end of the shift in your Crocs.
Here are the pros and cons of these socks:
- SGS certified brand – they meet national waterproofing standards.
- 100% waterproof design thanks to a lightweight membrane that covers the socks and prevents water passing through the material.
- Moisture wicked ‘coolmax’ fabric.
- Seamless, thermal and windproof to keep your feet cosy and dry in your Crocs.
- Ultra light cushioned sole for a comfortable fit.
- Available in a range of color combinations.
- These socks are a little pricey, but personally I think they are a worthwhile investment to keep your feet dry and comfortable if you wear Crocs to work.
Personally I think these socks are ideal for wearing with classic Crocs, as they will prevent any water wetting your feet through the breathable Crocs holes. Click here to view the current price of these socks on Amazon.
ZeroSock Bamboo Toe Capper Socks With Grip
Click here to view current price on Amazon.
If you’re looking for a pair of no-show socks that are almost invisible with Crocs then you may want to consider ‘half socks’. These nifty little socks keep your toes covered, whilst protecting the front half of your feet.
From the back it just looks as though you have bare feet, making these half socks a great choice for those who want some comfort from socks but don’t like the ‘socks and crocs look’.
Here are the pros and cons for these socks:
- Footfore mesh ventilation for no humidity and great breathability.
- ZeroSock uses a zero point sock welt that is unique to their designs, that prevents socks from slipping down. The sock welt will comfortably cling to your foot, stopping slipping or sliding.
- Double yarn thread count – great quality material with a seamless design.
- Multipack – 4 pairs per box, and a range of color variations.
- These are made for normal width feet. If you have very petite narrow feet they may feel a little loose on you.
Adidas No Show Socks – Multipack
Click here to view current price on Amazon.
You can’t go wrong with a multipack of simple no show socks to wear with your Crocs, if you like the feel of comfy socks but don’t like the obvious ‘socks and crocs’ look.
This multipack of no shows socks from Adidas get the job done! Here are the pros and cons of this multipack:
- Made with moisture wicking yarn to keep your feet dry and comfy.
- Arch compression to secure foot and provide extra support.
- Good value for money – 6 pair multipack.
- The socks can feel a little thin. They aren’t as durable as the other socks picks I have selected, however they are the best priced.
Dickies Multi-pack Dri-tech Moisture Control Crew Socks
If you’re looking for a multipack of moisture resisting socks to wear with your Crocs, that are reasonably priced then check out these socks by Dickies.
Here are the pros and cons of these multipack socks:
- A best seller in the socks category on Amazon.
- Great value for money – 6 pair pack.
- Breathable moisture control fibers that are super soft.
- Ventilation channel design to promote air flow.
- Durable reinforced heels and toes.
- Arch compression for extra support.
It’s also worth noting the reviews for these socks are great, and there are over 100 thousand of them!
- The socks can shed fluff on the insides that can stick to your toes.
What Type Of Socks To Wear With Crocs
When looking for what type of socks to wear with Crocs, look for the following features in the design:
- Breathable, water proof material with moisture wicking. If you can get fast drying, cotton socks with a dirt repelling feature then even better. Sports socks work well for wearing with Crocs as they often have these features.
- Choose a no show design if you don’t want to make a fashion statement, or don’t like the look of full socks with Crocs.
- Go for half socks if you don’t want them to be seen at all.
Are You Supposed To Wear Socks With Crocs?
You are supposed to wear socks with Crocs if you are wearing your Crocs to work. Covering your feet in your Crocs not only looks more professional it’s also in your best interest for safety purposes. Protect your feet from spilling liquid or cleaning products whilst on shift by wearing high quality waterproof socks with your Crocs.
Are Crocs and Socks Cool?
Socks and Crocs are officially cool; as spotted on the feet of supermodels Kendall Jenner and Ashley Graham and rappers Post Malone, Nicki Minaj and Bad Bunny throughout 2020 and 2021 (source). If supermodels and rappers are wearing socks with Crocs then you can rest assured the look is now considered ‘cool’ in the celebrity and fashion world.
Try wearing bright white or patterned socks with Crocs to make a cool fashion statement similar to how celebrities like Post Malone and Pharell wear them (see here on complex.com).
If you want to go for a more stylish approach wear neutral toned socks with neutral Crocs and keep the rest of your outfit low key. Crocs are great to wear with loungewear or sweatpants for a relaxed celebrity look, as favoured by supermodels.
Do You Wear Socks With Crocs?
You do wear socks with Crocs if you are wearing Crocs to work and want to protect your feet from spills or falling tools, that may injure your feet through the holes of your Crocs. You can also wear socks with Crocs if you simply like the look, want to make a fashion statement or keep your feet warm.
If you are wearing your Crocs to the pool or on a hot sunny day you don’t need to wear socks with them. Crocs have a great grip inside the shoe, so your feet won’t slip and slide when you walk in them barefoot.
If you’re going to work in your Crocs its always best to wear socks with them for safety purposes. My sister in law is a nurse and she wears Crocs on her feet during long shifts. She always wears socks with her Crocs to keep her feet cosy and dry, and to protect them from any liquids that may pass through the Crocs breathable holes designs.
If you are a cleaner and you wear Crocs to work consider purchasing a pair of 100% waterproof socks to help protect your feet from chemicals and liquids whilst on shift.
The socks and crocs look is in fashion right now, sported by supermodels and rappers alike, so if you like the style then you should definitely wear socks with Crocs.
Try pairing complimentary colors together, for a striking look, or match your socks to your Crocs colour for a cohesive style.
Or if you prefer a more subtle look then wear ankle socks with your Crocs. This will avoid any fashion faux pas, and you can feel comfortable whilst maintaining your style.
Keep your feet warm in your Crocs by wearing socks with them in winter. Try a thermal pair with moisture wicking for breathable comfort.
Personally I like to wear wool socks with my Crocs in winter, as warm feet are a higher priority for me then looking fashionable! I wear my Crocs around the house as they have good grip on my floors, so warming up my feet is a must. Wool socks work great for this.
Thank you for reading this article on ‘How To Wear Socks With Crocs’ – I hope you now feel confident to rock socks with your Crocs!
For more Crocs content check out…
Lorna is a footwear geek and the founder of Wearably Weird. She created a YouTube channel in 2021 for fellow footwear fanatics, dedicated to detail-rich footwear reviews and info. She has a fashion media qualification (awarded in 2011).